Friday, January 24, 2014

Be Mine Silhouette Valentines Card

This is my second card project with my Silhouette Cameo. I am a cricut convert!

 I used my Sizzix Embossing machine to do the dot texture. It's a handy little unit that works great with the metallic paper!

I used WausauPaper, Metallics Cardstock for the shimmery white background. I only have a little bit of this. (note some sarcasm here - that bin is full of only this type of paper!) Our wedding colors were silver and navy - this was the only way I could find silver shimmery card stock to use for place cards and table numbers so I bought quite a few packs from amazon to have enough of the 4 pages of silver in each pack!
The red paper is also a shimmery cardstock but the cover has since ripped off the package - I'm sure it's from Joann's though.

I'm not sure what made me come up with the idea, but I like the simplicity of it (it's all one piece!) and it didn't take too long to do. The challenge was gluing it down. The dots make it a little difficult since I only  had a glue stick (ran out of spray adhesive!) but after putting it under my fabric cutting mat for a few minutes, it all stuck and we are good to go.

It's a very basic card, and now that I have the template made, it should take maybe 5-10 minutes to put this card together.

No comments:

Post a Comment