Tuesday, March 26, 2013

We are moved in!

We are moved into our new home, and it is fabulous! While Saturday was such an overwhelming day for me with all that was going on - I did not take for-granted the amazing friends and family that we have that helped us.

My Father-In-Law, Bob, came up Friday morning and stayed with us through out the weekend. He hung blinds, shower curtains, offered advice and was very generous with his housewarming gift. (An additional piece to our modular couch!)

My Aunt Mary Ann - who cleaned our old apartment as we moved out so that we could be completely done, then stayed with me until our bed and our guest bed were made and I felt sane enough to handle the few boxes that were left.

My Uncle Ron - the laughs were exactly what I needed along with your muscles to help the move along!

The muscle team, Jess, Paul, Justin, Rick, my brother Bob, Anurag, Shefali, Molly, Gordon and my Dad. You made things go so quickly by being here to help - I cannot thank you enough!

My Kitchen Team - Christine (with Miranda) and Becky (with Noah) - You guys did great unpacking my massive amount of kitchen items! It was such a huge help to not have to tackle that task at the end of the exhausting day. To be able to take a drink from a real cup that I knew which cabinet it was in, was priceless!

** Addition: A huge thank you to Becky for bringing us breakfast! The bagels and fruit were the perfect fuel to keep moving. A thank you to Aunt Evie and Uncle Jeff for the HUGE tray of veggies and addicting brownies! And Finally, Thanks to Christine for bringing the buns for the BBQ and the chips! It all made the day so much easier to not have to worry about food! **

We are slowly putting things together - but here are a few pictures of the move and us setting up.

Gabbie and Cricket are settling in (Lilah and Squirrel are too!)


Noah made sure Cricket ate her cucumber treat

Our new modular couch!

Adam organizing under the sink in the Master Bathroom

The first picture went up Sunday evening!

and then more pictures went up....

and curtains in the master!

Finally! The coat/key hooks are up!
Again - I cannot thank our helpers enough - you all made this day possible and we are very thankful that you gave up your time and energy to help us out!

No comments:

Post a Comment