Saturday, February 22, 2014

Dr. Seuss!

My dear friend Danielle is a teacher in the area - and for Dr. Seuss's birthday week and Read Across America - she wanted a Dr. Seuss t-shirt! I was more than happy to make her and her Librarian friend each ones with a Dr. Seuss quote!

She picked the quote from the Silhouette online store, and I took it from there!

After cutting out the design on my Silhouette Cameo - I sat and peeled out the negative space.... I found it easiest to sit at my 'bar height' cutting table so that it was at eye level to see the cut lines... and a pair of tweezers/exacto knife!

Then I checked size/shape... something was missing - too bland.


So I pulled out some red HTV that I had picked up - definitely the 'pop' it needed. 


Ready to start the ironing process!


Before this, I had only made small projects. Toddler shirts and onesies - ironing a bigger image takes a good bit longer than I anticipated!!!
(In the middle of this I switched to using a plain white t-shirt for my ironing 'in-between" layer after seeing a post where the color of the layer ran onto the project!)


And - The final product!


I now have two of these amazing shirts for my Teacher friend and her Librarian friend! 

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful gift to give to your Teacher and Librarian! It certainly will be perfect for them to instill the gift of learning to children for years to come. Bravo on tackling a larger project and nailing it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Suzy,

    The shirts turned out fabulous!!! I didn't realize that the school's made such a big deal over Dr. Seuss' birthday. Your friends are going to love wearing these for the festivities.

    Peace, Love and Joy,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous, you did an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job with the layering of the HTV!

    ReplyDelete